1. I was born and raised in Portland, OR. When I was 19, I was hired by United Airlines to be a flight attendant based out of LAX. While waiting for the training course to have an opening, I made some friends in Seattle, WA. A few months later it was time to move. Honestly, I didn't know which way I wanted to go, so I packed up my things, jumped in my car, and just drove. I ended up in Seattle. I stayed for over a year and missed home so much, I came back. Sometimes I look back and wonder how in the world I ever did something like that. I'm such a planner and that was so spontaneous and so huge! Good times.
2. After being in and out of school, I finally graduated college in 2008. My hubby was my rock. He helped keep me from giving up, which I wanted to do by the end of every term. I couldn't stand all those exams! Glad I stuck it out though. It feels so good to achieve your goals. I hope all of you are reaching for yours.
Did I mention this was on my birthday! Those blue gowns were one-size-fits-all... uh I don't think so.
3. I was attacked by mosquitoes last summer (totally and completely my hubby's fault for dragging me and my bike into the woods... stagnant water... I knew there was stagnant water somewhere!) Well, I'm allergic to mosquito bites. I had 16 all over my body. I was so swollen and miserable I stayed home from work and cried for a week. On the worst day, I took 4 Benadryl and 2 Zyrtec, and none of it made me sleepy. How weird am I??? The best remedy was super hot water on each bite. It worked better than all the lotions and potions.
4. I'm Korean but I don't really care for kimchi. I think I'm paranoid about it giving my bad breath.
Maybe I just ate too much when I was a kid.
5. I helped my hubby (UPS driver) during peak season several years ago. Yeah, I delivered packages in the rain and snow for 2 weeks! Slips and falls => zilch, zero, nada. Stepping in doggy doo-doo => once. It was such hard work! I wanted to throw all the packages at the houses with tons of stairs or steep, long driveways. Hmph. But hey, at least I looked cute while doing it right? Plus, I got to spend time with my best friend. Aww schucks.
P.S. We're going to Cirque du Soleil Kooza tonight. Yipee!!! If I remember correctly, you're not allowed to take any photos while under the tent. Bummer. I'll see if I can sneak one in pre-show. Btw... I blogged about it HERE.