This is an oldie but goodie. I never posted this for some reason. Better late than never.
My sister, Myra of Twigs & Honey, travels a lot for her business so I decided to make her a mason jar pin cushion. I gathered up a few things from around the house and made it pretty for her. A little emergency kit for photo shoots and what not.
And this is what I put inside:
- tiny safety pins
- large safety pins
- a couple glass vials (found on etsy)
- a small cloth bag
- bobby pins
- fabric tape (found on etsy)
- a couple spools of thread
- spool of twine (wrapped around a wine cork)
This was so easy to make!
What you'll need:
- mason jar (bought mine at Joann Fabric)
- hot glue gun
- whatever goodies you want to put inside
What to do:
- Get a mason jar. Any size will do.
- Remove the lid and separate the inner round from the outer ring.
- Place the inner round lid on some fabric. Cut the fabric about 1" wider than the lid all the way around.
- Center the inner lid on the cut fabric, fold the fabric over the edge and start gluing it bit by bit around the lid. Folding and creasing a little as you go. Don't go all the way around yet. And don't pull too tightly. If you do, then you won't have much room for the stuffing.
- Put the stuffing inside and when its full then you can glue the rest of it down.
- You can leave the bottom of the lid raw or you can glue a smaller, circular piece of fabric down to cover all the edges.
- Fill it up and close the lid.
- I tied some twine around the jar and attached a label for gifting. (not pictured)